Rates & Scheduling
To schedule your Retreat, please fill out the Retreat Application Form on the next drop down page with your proposed dates. Upon review and approval of your request you will be contacted by the Retreat Manager.
You may also call the Retreat Manager at 719-256-5539 or complete the “Contact Us” email form on the previous drop down menu page with any questions prior to application.
If we miss your call leave a message and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Regular office hours are 9 am -12 noon, Monday through Friday.
To confirm your room reservation once your retreat has been scheduled we require 50% deposit either by check or call in with your credit card.
Current Rates for Retreat:
Please note as a Retreat Center we have a Minimum Two Night Stay.
Single Rooms With Shared Bathroom:
$55.00 per day for the first two months.
$50.00 per day each day past the first 2 months.
Double Room With Shared Bathroom:
$45.00 per day/per person. (We have one Double Room–which has been especially popular with couples)
The daily rate includes 3 Organic Vegetarian Meals.
Bed linens are provided, but you will need to bring your own towels. Our laundry room is available for those on retreat.If you come for retreat for less than one week, please consider taking personal laundry home and doing it there. There is a suggested donation of $3 per load.
Reduced long term rates for practicing monastics and others with special circumstances are considered on an individual basis by the Retreat Manager.
You are welcome to arrive and depart at any time convenient to your schedule. However, our check-in time is after 1pm for you to be able to occupy your room. Check-out time is 12 noon. With prior notice you are most welcome to join us for lunch on both the day of your arrival and departure.
If you need to cancel for any reason and notify VVRC before two weeks of your scheduled arrival date, your deposit will be returned minus a $35.00 processing fee. If you notify VVRC in less than two weeks before your scheduled arrival date, you may use the deposit as a credit toward a future retreat or consider giving it as a donation to the Retreat Center.
Our Rooms & Views From Rooms
Each room is appointed simply, with a single bed containing storage drawers, a nightstand, lamp and tiered shrine for you to place your personal practice items upon.
Dining Room Hours and Amenities
The dining room is open for tea and coffee service from 5am-10pm.
Meal times are: Breakfast at 7 am, Lunch at 12 noon, and Dinner at 6 pm.
The kitchen area is restricted to those who need to be in the kitchen to prepare meals or clean up duties. Separate from the kitchen, there is a Retreatant Refrigerator which is available during dining room hours for storing personal items and left overs .
We are often able to accommodate special diets. If you have special dietary needs, please let us know on your Retreat Application Form located in the Drop Down Menu under Retreats.
As a way to maintain low rates for stay, encourage balanced practice and give back, we ask all those who stay to contribute an hour a day after lunch in physical service. Everyone participates in some form of Karma Yoga (ROTA), or working to help maintain the Center.
The cleaning policies at Vajra Vidya have three main objectives:
- To keep the center superbly clean, so that everyone feels uplifted.
- To complete doing your service at the scheduled time, so there’s maximum time for practice. Your ROTA duties should require less than an hour.
- To share the task load equally among all retreatants.
Leaving Your Retreat Room Properly
- When you leave the retreat, please clean your room before lunchtime as the official checkout time is 12:00 noon.
- Sweep and mop your floor.
- Shake out and vacuum your rug.
- Dust the window sill and all tables.
- Remove all the sheets, and pillowcase, and take them downstairs to wash at breakfast time. (If you are leaving early, please just start the washer and the staff will finish the process).
- Make the bed with fresh sheets and a fresh blanket (found in the hallway closet near the bathroom at the head of the stairway).
- Empty the trash.
In sum, the room should be completely clean and ready for the next retreatant!
Smoke/Alcohol/Drug Free Environment
Vajra Vidya Retreat Center and the entire grounds is a Smoke, Alcohol and Drug Free campus. Please be aware that during summer months we take great caution to prevent the risk of wild fires.
High Mountain Environment
Please remember that Vajra Vidya Retreat Center is located at 8,200 feet elevation in a high, dry alpine desert terrain. It is very easy to get dehydrated before you know it ! Drink more water than you are normally accustomed too. Of course walking and hiking magnifies the need for fluids.
Get plenty of rest while you are adjusting to the altitude.
Essentials to Bring *
- Water Bottle and Electrolyte Support.
- Sun hat, Sunglasses, Sunscreen, Mosquito Repellent, a good flashlight.
- Wash and Wear Clothes.
- Warm clothes in the winter; Rain gear; Loose clothing for sitting and layered clothing for frequent temperature changes. Temperatures can drop sharply and suddenly even during summer months.
- Inside shoes/slippers (no shoes are worn inside the Shrine Room and Center).
- Closed toe shoes to avoid unpleasant meetings with “Mr.Cactus” on the land.
- All your practice materials and supplies.
- All your prescription or over the counter medicines you might need. The nearest pharmacy is an hour’s drive from Crestone
There are emergency medical services available but Hospitals and Pharmacies are an hour away in Salida and Alamosa.
Due to the fact that there are many people who are environmentally sensitive to fragrances and essential oils, please consider this by bringing natural body care products and planning on avoiding the use of perfumes or essential oils during your stay. At Vajra Vidya we clean and launder with non-toxic, fragrance free products.
Please note VVRC is not a fragrance free environment. We do burn incense, butter lamps and tea candles daily as part of traditional offering practices and often have flower displays which are aromatic.
We encourage you to bring natural fragrance free shampoos, bath soaps, and skin lotions in support of sensitive individuals within the close spaces of the Retreat Center. Even the use of essential oils can cause some people to become ill.
*VVRC gratefully appreciates the Pundarika Foundation for permission to adapt this material.
We look forward to having you stay at VVRC
If you have any questions, please contact us.